Friday, January 16, 2009

Sweeping Streets


I'm ending the week with two great quotes that I like to repeat once or twice a year. They speak to much of what I believe and try to conduct my life. Read from them, be inspired by them and live your life by them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"If a man is called to be a streetsweeper, he should sweep streets even as Michelangelo painted, or Beethoven composed music, or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep streets so well that all the hosts of heaven and earth will pause to say, here lived a great streetsweeper who did his job well."

Martin Luther King Jr.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The longer I live
The more I realize the impact of
Attitude on life.
Attitude, to me, is more important
Than the past,
Than education,
Than money,
Than circumstances,
Than failures,
Than success,
Than what other people
Think or say or do.

It is more important than
Appearance,
Giftedness or skill.
It will make or break
An organization,
A school, a home.

The remarkable thing is
We have a choice every day
Regarding the attitude
We will embrace for that day.
We cannot change our past.
We cannot change the fact that
People will act in a certain way.
We cannot change the inevitable.

The only thing we can do
Is play the string we have.
And that is our attitude.

I am convinced that life is
10 percent what happens to me and
90 percent how I react to it.
And so it is with you.

Charles Swindell
_

No comments: