Tuesday, December 06, 2011

Love Is Two


"One word frees us of all the weight and pain of life: That word is love." -Sophocles

I read a story recently about love explained in a way I never would have thought. The story goes that a woman asked a man if she was pretty, he said "No". She asked him if he wanted to be with her forever, he said "No". Then she asked him if he would cry if she walked away, he said "No". She had heard enough; she got up to leave.

As she walked away he grabbed her arm and told her to stay. He said "You're not pretty, you're beautiful. I don`t want to be with you forever, I need to be with you forever. And I wouldn't cry if you walked away, I would die."

Love is more than you can ask for. It is more beautiful than we can ever be. It lasts longer than we can exist in the natural. It dries any tears that we might shed. Love is everything in our lives.

No comments: