Monday, November 03, 2014

Promises Kept


"The woods are lovely, dark and deep. But I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep." - Robert Frost

There is an old song I listened to during my high school years. It was one that always had to be played before a dance was ever complete. I am talking of the famed, "Smoke On The Water" by Deep Purple. While the song is about a fire that broke out at a concert, none of us cared as it was "the" song we had to hear.

The song title and vision to me is one of smoke drifting out over the water. A vision of something that is thin, of no real substance and can be whisked away with the lightest of breezes. It is very similar to that of unfulfilled promises, which fill a vacant heart with hope and encouragement. A promise that quickly evaporates leaving behind what was there in the beginning...nothing.

Your promises to others have a large impact on others when kept.

Your promises have a huge effect on you when they go unfulfilled.

As Shakespeare wrote of unkept promises, "His promises were, as he then was, mighty; But his performance, as he is now, nothing."

Make your promises mean something; make them mean everything for those given to and it will fill you with greatness.

Stay inspired my friends!

No comments: