Sunday, March 19, 2006

Striving To Impact Others

“Thought is the sculptor who can create the person you want to be.” - Henry David Thoreau

I've had a loss of words the past week. To those that read what I write and are able to take something from it, my apologies. These times can be cyclical with me, especially when I take on the worries of others. One can sometimes not know what to say, as if the words are not there to be said.

Yet all that have read my writings, my purpose is to help give you the encouragement and some positive lift to make your life better. In turn, you with a better and more positive life will pass it along to others. So when I don't write on a daily basis, it feels like I'm letting one or more of you down. My friend Dean Sweetman has always said, "work to keep your life consistent through out the ups and downs." So I'm reading, listening to great speakers and reflecting on what it is I can say to you.

My words are not meant to be shallow, "pump you up" for the short term. We all need that quick lift, that moment of happiness. But what is more important is to make our words longer lasting. To make change and impact others is what this is about. It can be difficult to judge if my words are read, if they do effect the lives of others. Though I'm of the opinion that if only in tiny increments change comes to your life, then my efforts have been worth every word written.

“To have faith where you cannot see; to be willing to work on in the dark; to be conscious of the fact that, so long as you strive for the best, there are better things on the way, this in itself is success.” - Katherine Logan

No comments: