Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

The following is from a friend of mine and his own thankfulness says so much. Find what there is to be thankful in your own life.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What I'm Thankful For

I'm thankful that I serve a God who not only created me but loves me in spite of what I have done with His creation.

I'm thankful that I am part of a church who embraces what I am instead of trying to mold me into what I am not.

I'm thankful when I see Dona walk away because I know that I will be just as flushed when I get to watch her walking back; and at my age I'm thankful that I still get flushed.

I'm thankful that I am called "Honey" instead of Grand Pa.

I'm thankful that my three boys have turned into my three men.

I'm thankful that kids still like to fight with me, young ladies see the father in me and young men still think I can kick their rear. And for the latter, I am thankful for the power of perception.

I'm thankful for a cool mountain night and a warm open fire.

I'm thankful when I receive a great hug, a sincere smile and a firm handshake.

I'm thankful when my knees and back don't hurt when I wake in the morning.

I'm thankful for answered prayers, God's correction and a lack of worry.

We all strive for the big things. We all want God's blessings and tend to think big when we picture prosperity. But at the end of the day, I have found that it is the series of little things that makes me happy.

For this revelation, I am most especially thankful.

Have a great Thanksgiving!

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7
_

No comments: