Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Time For A Mentor - Time For A Friend


So I finally get around to commenting about a person that I hold in my heart as a great mentor and a great friend. A person that I've worked with for a number of years retired this past year and quite frankly I miss having him around.

Those that read this will know that he and I worked in the same facility for a long time. But over the past several years he has worked in our Boston location while I remained here in Atlanta. Knowing he was there and I could ring his extension made things very comfortable.

His name is Art and I owe a lot of my career to him. We had both worked at this same company for a number of years but never knew each other. I moved into the Atlanta area to take a job in technical support. It is here that we met and he took me 'under his wing' and taught me a great deal.

It is that mentoring spirit in him that says so much about a person. It is something you can do in your life with others as well. By taking a portion of your time and giving your wisdom, advice or encouragement to another is a great gift to give.

My own life was changed by his time shared. In his retirement I hope that he finds relaxation and peace. Along with his wonderful wife Pamela, there will be many years and much more time.
_

No comments: