Thursday, February 26, 2009

Being Around Greatness

"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great!" -Mark Twain

Immerse your life with negative people and that is where you will stay. Surround yourself with great people and your life will be drawn to greatness. Two fairly easy statements to understand and adopt.

I try to do this as much as I can, get near to great people and learn from them. One of my recent ventures is with Twitter. A social networking site that is full of one-line comments, musings along with the inevitable people wanting to sell or promote something. What I like about it is getting to read the general and everyday musing of successful people.

What is neat about it is that I can respond to them. Not sure at this point if they actually see my replies. It could be that they are simply waiting to make sure that I'm not a stalker (To follow or observe (a person) persistently, especially out of obsession or derangement). And I can assure you that I am not.

The intent is to draw close to these successful people, learn from them and hopefully provide them with some inspiration in life as well. some of these people may cross into your life while other times you need to step out boldly and introduce yourself. From there it is like any friendship in how it develops. Some do and some don't, but once you do, there is so much you can learn from others.

Great people want to see other people become great. Get near these people, learn from them and then give back to others what you have been given.
_

No comments: