Thursday, July 08, 2010

Greatness Inside

"When I chased after money, I never had enough. When I got my life on purpose and focused on giving of myself and everything that arrived into my life, then I was prosperous." ~Wayne Dyer

In the news lately has been the pending decision of Lebron James, basketball superstar. He is in free agency and everyone is awaiting his decision regarding where he will play next year. Will he stay in Cleveland; will he go to Chicago; will he land in Miami? All of these questions will be answered.

What I have found interesting is the talk of money. And it is a lot of money they are talking about. Roughly $16 million per year to play a game, albeit very well. And I am not here to question "how much is too much" or try to say that no one is worth that kind of money. There are thousands upon thousands of people that have mind-boggling amounts of money.

In the talk of a possible contract, it was stated it might be $15 million or maybe $16 million. The people reporting state that $1 million dollars won't make the difference because it is "only $1 million dollars" we are talking about. Maybe not in the context of his contract, but it is an amount that could make a huge difference to others. Heck, I'll sign up to take it if he doesn't get it. But then I can only jump six inches off the ground and maybe get up and down a basketball court only once or twice.

It is the pursuit of money and what you do with it that makes a difference in this life. I contend and hope for everyone that you make as much of those mind-boggling amounts of money as you can. Yet what I truly hope is that you do something good with those amounts of money.

I wouldn't suggest you give it all away and I wouldn't suggest how you spend on things in your life. We all spend up to our means which is just fine. What I hope for is that you can do something for those less fortunate. For those that do not have the means to achieve. You setting up a program for learning, for improving life for those may just birth greatness out of others. It will certainly birth greatness in you.

So go out and make mind-boggling amounts of money. Each of you have the capacity to do so. Each of you have the ability to do great things. All I ask in return is you give back a little to others to make a difference in their lives. Then you will truly be great, then you will be a king inside.

No comments: