Monday, May 30, 2011

Days To Remember


"Love... it surrounds every being and extends slowly to embrace all that shall be." -Khalil Gibran

It was only supposed to be dinner for four and a movie. There was to be nothing more than good conversation and escape from the the week's work. But then I entered the room and you smiled.

Happy Birthday Laura, my friend, my love, my life.



"A man's country is not a certain area of land, of mountains, rivers, and woods, but it is a principle and patriotism is loyalty to that principle." -George William Curtis

I would also like to say thank you to my son Dan for his continued service to our country. Thank you to him and the millions of others that have and continue to serve so bravely and boldly. I also say thank you to those that are taking those first steps to serve. Each of you are proud examples of a great and loving nation.

This great country was built by great people. It continues to be a great country despite the ups and downs we endure. And it is great people such as yourselves that protect and defend it so well. Thank you and I wish only continued strength and safety in your daily mission.

No comments: