Friday, January 06, 2012

Remembering a Brother


"No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man." -Heraclitas

It was on January 4, 2011 that my brother John passed away. It was a day that came as a sudden and unexpected life event. It was a day that changed so much in the life of his wife Karin, son Taylor and daughters Ali and Liz. It also changed the lives of many people in his adopted hometown of Gillette, Wyoming.

Even though life changed that day for everyone that knew my brother, each of us hold the memories of life with him. We replay those moments in which he entered, impacted and moved through our days.

So while we "nor the river" are the same for having encountered John, each of us can hold tight the memories in our heart. In my life, I will always remember and love him. So it is that I delight in listening to the music my brother John loved so much. It was not the only type, genre or group, but one that he did enjoy.


Stay inspired my friends.

No comments: