Tuesday, August 28, 2012

You Say Its Your Birthday


"Smell brings to mind... a family dinner of pot roast and sweet potatoes during a myrtle-mad August in a Midwestern town. Smells detonate softly in our memory like poignant land mines hidden under the weedy mass of years." -Diane Ackerman

August 28 is the 240th day of the year (241st in leap years) in the Gregorian calendar. There are 125 days remaining until the end of the year. It is also my birthday.

I found something quite interesting about me, before I was born on Sunday the 28th of August, 1960:

23.Oct.1959, Friday (My birthday -310 days): One type of ingredient that makes up half of me is produced.

07.Nov.1959, Saturday (My birthday -295 days): The other ingredient making up the other half is produced.

22.Nov.1959, Sunday (My birthday -280 days): The two ingredients needed to make me are now one.

23.Nov.1959, Monday (My birthday -279 days): Well, actually now this is considered my "first day alive" because this is when I am a living entity. I am a single cell creature and my unique DNA is formed.

07.Dec.1959, Monday (My birthday -265 days): Being the smart woman my mother was, she would have suspected that she was pregnant. Maybe not completely sure yet but she was suspicious. She was also very excited and joyed.

14.Dec.1959, Monday (My birthday -258 days): Most likely this is the day my mother told my father about her pregrancy and he is celebrating to be a daddy to number six! This is also important in that my heart has pumped for the first time today. Kind of odd but is it only a coincidence that my father learned about me on the very day my heart first pumped!

28.Aug.1960, Sunday (My birthday): Here I am, born to an ever expanding and changing world. It was a big journey from day minus 310 to today. From this point up to the current point in life today until the point at which it ends, I can honestly say the joys have and will outweigh anything else.

Additional facts about this highly celebrated day.

Virgos born on August 28 have creative natures. They grasp the interdependence of nature and art -- a sensitive side that's complemented by inner strength.

Friends and Lovers: August 28 people surround themselves with talented individuals. They gravitate to people with similar tastes. Love affairs are a source of joy. They're sometimes reticent about settling down, but that changes when they meet their soul mate. Note to my wife; "forever."

Children and Family: August 28 people may have been the favorite child of the family. These folks usually forge strong ties with relatives. Although they make good parents, they have a tendency to push. Note to my siblings; "nanni nanni pooh pooh."

Health: People born on this date are intriguing combinations of the careful and the carefree. They're watchful about what they eat yet are unlikely to follow a strict diet. They are concerned about their appearance, which means a workout plan that keeps them feeling healthy. Note to self; "need to work on that workout plan."

Career and Finances: August 28 men and women enjoy being in the professional spotlight. They have a talent for managing people and bringing out the best in them. They're often financially secure at an early age. This gives them the potential to take time off from their profession to indulge their love of a hobby. Note to my kids; "you are my hobby."

Dreams and Goals: People born on this date have a lot of ambition and work tirelessly toward a goal. Their greatest talent is their ability to know what they really want. They understand the need to make sacrifices. Where personal goals are concerned, they are never satisfied with "getting by." They want to improve in every aspect of life. Note to everyone; "you too can achieve anything you want."

Stay inspired my friends!

And the number one song on August 28, 1960 ...


No comments: