Friday, November 01, 2013

What Was I Thinking


No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.” ―Charles Dickens

Oscar Wilde is quoted as having said, “I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” Yes, it happens to all of us and I am no exception. Every day I try to come up with something new to inspire and encourage at least one single person I encounter. There are days in which I actually make a good statement and their day or life is changed by what I've said.

There are also other days when I think what I've said was "cleverly" stated and then I think about it some more in a day or two and say to myself, "what was I thinking?"

The same is true for anything you do in life. There are days when it all seems so clear and things are progressing like clock-work. All that you touch, all that you say - each thing works perfectly. Then there are days which come along that you try and it just doesn't have the same touch, the same feel or impact as the day before. You think back and wonder, "what was I thinking."

Do not worry about it because the attempt, the kindness, the good words are all coming from the heart. The fact that you are trying to help another person, lifting someones spirits or just trying to make the world a little better is goodness in itself. We are each human, fallible and will never get it right 100% of the time.

Yet we try and over time, we make a difference.

So never give up on yourself, always see yourself as a life changing force. Life is a roller coaster for emotions, for success and for relationships. Enjoy the ride and life itself will be enjoyable.

Stay inspired my friends!

No comments: