Friday, April 25, 2014

Dancing Shoes


"Your big opportunity may be right where you are now." ~ Napoleon Hill

Some time ago I had an opportunity, huge in fact. It was one of those things that stare you right in the face and you fail to recognize it. So big that you look back at it and wonder how you did not seize it right then and there.

My very young grand daughter was dressed up in order to get her picture taken. I told her she looked so pretty that I wanted to be the first one to take her dancing. I had this thought of when she was older I would teach her to dance. She even asked me when we would go dancing together. But off she went with her mother to the picture studio and I had lost that moment of opportunity.

I thought quite a bit about that.

It reminded me of a story my own mother told me years ago. When she was quite young, her own grandfather C.V. Boden would let her dance with him on his feet. In her final days, this was one of her fond memories flashing back, making her smile.

Think about how huge that moment was in her life of dancing upon the shoes of her grandfather. That dance would be one of her enduring memories of him. It was the opportunity he took in order to leave a lasting impact on her life.

A simple dance between a grandfather and his granddaughter.

The next opportunity that comes around, I plan on dancing with this little girl. I will not miss the opportunity to leave a lasting memory of happiness. And I will work to be more cognizant of the many other opportunities that stand in front of me.

These are the same opportunities that stand in front of you. The people in your life, the ones you do and the ones you do not know. The opportunity exists to leave a lasting memory in their life. It is greater then all of the money in the world. Money eventually loses its value in our life. But a happy and lasting memory will last a lifetime. Those memories will be passed on from generation to generation.

Do not lose that opportunity in your life.

And stay inspired.

No comments: