Monday, July 28, 2014

A Little Rain


"Some people walk in the rain, others just get wet." ~ Roger Miller

There is an old song with a lyric that says "upon us all, a little rain must fall" within the body of a wonderful song. I find it to be a reminder that life happens to all of us.

How we choose to confront the rain is a reflection of how handle life.

My confession is that I love sleeping to the sound of rain. Whether it be a storm or gentle rain, it comforts me. My siblings will probably be shocked to read that. You see, growing up I was horribly afraid of storms, the pending doom of what might happen. You could say that I cowered under the umbrella, never wanting to feel the rain upon my face.

It is difficult living life that way. Always dreading the gathering clouds.

Yet I carried on, enjoying only the good days and trying to make the rainy ones disappear. My life then changed, which I talk about in my book Changed Lives.

I learned lessons that taught me to enjoy the rain as much as the sunshine. Someone entered my life that taught me the joy of walking through mud puddles. I learned never to waste a single day (sunshine or rain) in enjoying life.

As the quote above from American singer and songwriter Roger Miller says, "Some people walk in the rain..." I am one of those people today, walking in the rain. I am pushing forward through what life throws at me, knowing that the rain is good; knowing that the rain isn't here to make my life miserable.

For those who "...just get wet", you are missing out on the joy.

Don't throw away an opportunity. Don't throw away another day that can be truly enjoyed. Life is not going to be endless days of warm sunshine. Nor will it be endless days of rain and mud.

Enjoy each and every day for "...that is the mystery of the quotient - upon us all a little rain must fall."

Stay inspired my friends.



No comments: