Thursday, August 13, 2015

Expect It Your Self


The only person who can pull me down is myself, and I'm not going to let myself pull me down anymore.” ― C. JoyBell C.

An article appeared a few years back in Popular Mechanics about a doctor and assistant professor at the Stanford School of Medicine by the name of Jaimie Henderson. His specialty is neurosurgery and the article talks about the computer-aided tools he uses for surgery on the brain.

This really is brain surgery (with or without a computer).

If your job is brain surgery, it becomes imperative that you are not having a bad day and still expect to perform brain surgery. Dr. Henderson says, "We are all humbled and inspired every day by the complexity of the human brain. Absolute perfection is expected every time I operate. And that's okay."

Such a great way to approach your job or any thing you do in life.

You might think your own work in life as, "...it isn't brain surgery." Guess what, for some it really is brain surgery. Yet it should not diminish the importance of what you do each and every day.

What you do and who you are remains just as important.

Trying to have a good day everyday should be something you expect of yourself. As the good doctor says and you should say as well, "...and that's okay."

Stay inspired my friends!

No comments: