Thursday, December 10, 2015

Penny For Your Kindness - 25 Day Challenge


A penny is a lot of money, if you have not got a penny." - Yiddish Proverb

Each day leading up to Christmas, I will provide you with one or two things to do during the day. Call them acts of kindness or call them acts of just being nice. Each will only take a few minutes and are very easy to accomplish. Try them and then let me know what you did and how it went by leaving me a comment.

Day One - Hope On A Lamp Pole
Day Two - Allowing Others First
Day Three - Calming Automobile Rides
Day Four - Picking Up Litter
Day Five and Six - It was your weekend, what did you do?
Day Seven - Smile, You're on Life's Camera
Day Eight - Holiday Treat For Others
Day Nine - Charity Begins With You Giving

Day Ten - Penny For Your Kindness

I travel quite a bit on business for a living and each time I do, the Atlanta airport is my departure point. In all of my travels, my first stop after passing through security is to pick up a bottle of water for the flight.

Experts tell you that it is very important to stay hydrated when flying and when traveling in general. It is advice that I follow and have found to be very beneficial. This trip was no different, so I stopped for a bottle of water.

After making my purchase, a woman behind me began to complete her purchase and was obviously in a rush and was not a native English speaking person. The clerk being kind asked her if she had two pennies to complete the purchase.

To me it was quite obvious the clerk was trying to avoid having to hand her a large amount of coins as change. But she did not understand and became even more flustered by the question.

Since I had just made my purchase, without a moments thought reached in my pocket and gave the clerk two pennies. It was at that moment she understood and a smile came to her face. With a quick thank you, she rushed off to reach her boarding gate and flight to where ever it was she was heading to.

Thus your challenge today is to simply use the change in your pocket to brighten another person's day. You could use the coins or maybe even pull out a couple of dollar bills to pay it forward or in reverse depending upon your point of reference.

By taking just a few small coins, you can purchase the biggest amount of happiness for another person. In my case, it only cost two pennies.

Let me know how it went and stay inspired my friends!


No comments: