Tuesday, November 28, 2023

The Grander Things in Life


“The longer I live, the more beautiful life becomes.”
Frank Lloyd Wright

So here we are, a couple of days past the Thanksgiving holiday. All our kids and most all the grandkids were here on the farm. They are gone and the quiet rural landscape consumes the air.

Oh yes, we bought a 27-acre farm in 2022 in the later days of the Covid pandemic. My work travel had been cut completely, remote work was possible and so we did it.  Kind of a Beverly Hillbillies song in reverse one could suppose. It is probably more like the Green Acres theme, although different from the song lyrics, my wife was over the top excited to make the move

For me, moving onto a farm is not something I thought would come full circle after growing up on a farm in Nebraska.  This farm boy from Nebraska is now a farm owner in Georgia. Some goats, a dog and renting our pastures to a neighbor for cattle and donkeys consumes my non-work days. 

We love every moment of it for sure. 

But today I am sitting with the dog, a cool and windy sun filled autumn day with a view of Yonah Mountain off in the distance.  Life here is a far distance from the trouble and turmoil in the world. 

The calm reminds me that we are blessed with all that we have. Family, health and moments of gratitude to be enjoyed when possible. 

I wish the same for each of you. 

I wish that you are able to take a few moments from time to time and enjoy the small things in life that add up to this wondrous thing we call life.  It truly is beautiful if you let it be.

Stay inspired my friends.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautifully said, papa Joe. Our boys were devastated to leave your little slice of paradise.