Monday, March 19, 2007

Roll On Easier

I have spoken previously of a method that you can use to measure your life. It is called the Wheel Of Life and I was introduced to it by a friend of mine, Dean Sweetman. You can search the web and will likely find many sources that came from Buddhist traditions.

There are other forms both complicated and intriguing that you may find as well. The one taught to me is simple in form and in understanding. A wheel with six spokes that when perfectly round will allow your life to move easily. As an out of round wheel is hard to turn and slows you down, that particular part of your life needs to be worked on.

In previous articles I wrote of these spokes and I'm pleased that Dean is working this into a whole series. It is my hope that he creates a book so that he can offer it to others. But don't think it is a 'pump you up' motivational event full of heart pounding excitement. No, the idea is just a simple way for you to look at your life, to keep it in balance and to help you provide measurement of how well your life is going.

The great thing about it comes from self evaluation, measuring yourself in such a manner that honesty inside you must come forth. When you visually see the six spokes and connect the dots, the shape that takes form may be a football. Footballs when they bounce are unpredictable and never roll straight. A three-legged starfish shape may appear and three points do not roll all that well. Or even a flat-tire shape. You begin rolling but then hit the flat spot on the tire, you struggle again to get moving.

As you view the shape of your life, visually you can see what it is that slows you down each time. And when you do find a deficiency in your life, fix it now. If not, as you attempt to roll through life that area of the wheel will return.

As I'm writing this, don't envision me in a monks robe with candles spread about and chanting. It is a functional method that helps me honestly look at my life. It helps me to smooth out the rough edges and to expand my life.

Expand and improve your life, roll on easier.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love it Joe, spread the power.