Friday, November 09, 2007

How To Spread Goodness

Wow - here it is November 9th already and I haven't written since the end of October. I am in a period of time where my work seems to consume all of my time. It leaves little time for my family, which I know is a bad thing and I have always had a difficult time balancing the two. So during these periods, the blog has to take a rest.

In all of what I do though, I never forget you folks - faithful readers and supporters. I also never forget all of those people that each of us can help. Spreading a smile here, a nice gesture there or just doing a small good deed will go a very long way in improving someone's life.

As the holiday season approaches, here are a few tips to help spread some goodness around:

1. Smile more often, life really isn't so bad and a smile changes an entire room.
2. Slow down and relax a bit more often, driving isn't a race against others, it is just getting from point A to point B.
3. Tip more and more often, those working in the restaurant business really don't get paid all that much...15-20% tip regardless will help them with the holiday season.
4. Send a note to a soldier overseas more often as they need our support and encouragement. I'll write more about this soon.
5. Lend a helping hand more often, service to others has it own reward that will make them feel better and you much better inside.

Enjoy your weekend everyone and be safe.

No comments: