Monday, April 14, 2008

Living A Gift

People so seldom say I love you And then it's either too late or love goes. So when I tell you I love you, It doesn't mean I know you'll never go, Only that I wish you didn't have to.”

I do not know where the above quote originated from but it is a wonderful way to express your love of someone. And for those that read my blog know of my mother's pancreatic cancer, understand the reality of the sickness but know that love can work great miracles. With all of the treatments available, a great doctor and the support of family and friends, she will do well.

The faith that surrounds my family is strong enough to believe that she has a chance to live longer then the odds. So this past week was spent visiting with her, my father and my siblings. I view it as having been given a gift. She felt well during our stay and the love we have always shared grew a bit stronger.

This gift we shared is one that many people never realize until much too late. All of us were 'living a gift' to have this time together. The same should be experienced each day of your life. Try to live this gift which is given to you.

It is a gift of loved ones, of being able to say good morning, good evening and extending your love in many different ways. To live your days embracing those around you and to not let the minor problems in life get in the way.

Enjoy your life and experience the love of all that goes with with it.

1 comment:

ForestDebi said...

Dear Joe,

I know where that verse originated! Ever since I was a teen (in the 1970's) I would go to the old cemetery in Half Moon Bay. The verse is on a marker for a teenage boy, I believe from his parents. My friend took a black and white photo of it and developed it at school, and I had a copy for a long time but don't know if I still do. Amazing how far it has traveled! P.S. Please say hello to Laura from me, we're old friends from San Jose. God bless you!