Wednesday, October 16, 2013

The Right Target


Fear is a habit; so is self-pity, defeat, anxiety, despair, hopelessness and resignation. You can eliminate all of these negative habits with two simple resolves: I can!! and I will!!” -Unknown

The message is simple, if you believe you can never succeed, you will never succeed.

We doubt, we worry and we spend energy holding up that target on our life. I am not immune to it and neither are you. I can work my hind end off and produce wonderful results, but find myself at times doubting the work. Being self critical has certainly held me back at times. It has probably held you back at times also. The energy expended on those negative habits drains your ability to do so much more in life.

You can liken it to the picture shown above by imagining your "self doubt" as a bullseye or target. Both hands firmly grip it and steadfastly position it in front of you. Your arms may weaken, but you hold onto that target ever tighter.

Now imagine if you simply threw it to the ground. Two free hands that could accomplish so much more are now available.

It is not easy to do because self doubt can be part of the "yin and yang" in our lives. Self doubt will keep you grounded in stagnation. And all too many times we let it take over and become a heavy rock in our wagon to carry through life.

What we must do is set aside the target of self doubt and believe in you. Free yourself to do greater things and let your dreams and goals become the target.

Stay inspired my friends.

No comments: