Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Whats That In My Coffee


"I wake up some mornings and sit and have my coffee and look out at my beautiful garden, and I go, 'Remember how good this is. Because you can lose it." -Jim Carrey

Not long ago, I was sitting in the morning sun drinking that first cup of coffee. A wonderful Saturday with a slight fall coolness in the air and leaves turning bright red and orange in color. The warmness of coffee was soothing and tasted wonderful in the setting as the cacophony of the day began all around me.

As I neared the end of drinking my coffee, I noticed something in the bottom of the cup. It could have been a piece of coffee bean or possibly a tiny piece of a leaf may have floated into my cup. Worse yet, maybe it was a flying insect of some sort seeking out the warmth in the steaming coffee mist. Any which way you wanted to view it, all I could say was "whats that in my coffee"?

The discovery did not cause me great alarm as the object was still in the cup and not inside of me. It did sort of intrigue me for a very short amount of time until I rinsed the cup and filled it once again with more coffee.

One small "something" did not change the enjoyment I had in drinking that cup of coffee.

As we live our life, each day, each week, month and year, there will be "something" that ends up in the bottom of our cup. Circumstance and other stuff will occur. Will you let those things ruin the enjoyable moments of your life? Will you let those "somethings" dictate the day?

When you find that "something" in the bottom of your cup, never mind it. Wash out the cup and fill it full once again. Enjoy the taste of the coffee, enjoy life!

Stay inspired my friends.

No comments: