Friday, April 18, 2014

Friday is Good


You will rise by lifting others.” - Robert G. Ingersoll

This day, Good Friday to Christians around the world, is a day in which one man gave his life for all of us. It was the ultimate sacrifice for others. I am not here to sway the religious or non-religious of this day or even Easter. I am writing to state that goodness can come from helping others. That a series or even single sacrifice can change the world.

Does that mean run out and die for all of mankind?

There is possibility in both the religious and philosophical view into why service to others is a good thing. From a religious perspective, we know that Jesus preached of love and the lifting of others. In the finite terms of our own human life, will not making life better for others make our own lives more fulfilling? Is there not something in that for both those whom believe and those that do not?

What then is the reason for our existence?

Whether you believe in creation, evolution or some combination of each; we have the ability to reason and wonder what purpose we are in being here. We can bring purpose to our existence, if only for the shortness of our natural existence. There are many that live a life of always taking, of never giving back, of constant hate or disregard for others. We can live of life of giving, of constant love and compassion for others. We can make life better. We can create purpose to our lives.

There can be purpose to your life.

For me, there is purpose to that man who died on a cross. For me, there is something beyond what exists here and now. But for me, I also believe that I can make a difference while I am here. That I can make life better for others and for those to come. That my children and their children will benefit from what I have done in this lifetime. I can create purpose for my life by helping others.

You can also have an impact on the lives of others, on your children, their children and humanity. It does not take being crucified, nor does it take the wealth of kings. All it takes is love and lifting others. You can create purpose to your life.

Stay inspired my friends!

No comments: