Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Smile - Life is Good


"Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.” - Thich Nhat Hanh

For all of my life, I have tried to carry a smile on the inside and to express it whenever possible. But I have come to realize lately that outwardly I don't really smile all that much. It could be that a smile doesn't fall naturally upon my face.

My wife has that upon her, a smile that just naturally flows from her.

I am not one that feels plastic surgery or a painted smile like the Joker from the Batman movie is all that appealing. So I try to smile and reflect my inner joy in most all that goes on in life. I also reap benefit from the smiles because others will respond in kind.

A day is brightened by the exchange of friendliness, two smiles that lift the day.

Have you smiled today?

You say you have nothing to smile about? You have a lot to smile about. A new day, new opportunity and chance to live a great life. Stop for a few minutes, maybe spend seven minutes of the day to reflect. Seven minutes to bring your smile to the outside.

Spread the cheer to others.

Smile - life is good.

Stay inspired my friends.

No comments: