Friday, March 27, 2015

Ten 4 Five - Completed


Because I was more often happy for other people, I got to spend more time being happy. And as I saw more light in everybody else, I seemed to have more myself.
Victoria Moran

This is the final day of my Ten 4 Five challenge in which I challenged myself to let ten people each day for five days know they are great, talented and wonderful people. A challenge to outwardly say something positive to another person that is both encouraging and true.

My hope is that you have gotten something from this series. Maybe you are encouraged just a little bit to turn any negativity about everything in life into something positive.

It may not change the world but it will change you. And that is a start.

1. Jim

The guy helping at the Publix grocery check-out line; always there with a smile and kind word. You make the day much brighter for those around you and those passing through.

2. Peachtree Cafe

Yes, an entire group of people who make you feel at home. This can only be a reflection of the owners, hard working, loving and caring people.

3. Friends

This would appear to be a broad stroke of the brush, but all friends matter. Each of you, near, far, and acquaintances, bring something special into the lives of those around you. While you are each individuals, collectively you are a community of goodness.

4. That Guy

You know who you are, the one who let me pull out into the long string of traffic. A small gesture but one that can turn the day around on a dime for people.

5. Chris

Coolray Heating & Air have to be proud of your abilities and outstanding customer service. Always a smile, doing the right thing and just being a great person.

6. The In-Laws

How lucky can we be that our children have such great people in their lives. To know each of you brings warmth and peace into our lives. Many will joke that in-laws are more like out-laws, but not you folks. Only great things can be said of you.

7. First Responders

Books could be written of all the police, fire and emergency medical folks do for us. While bad news sells news, the true nature of what you do is the real news. Your heart and compassion for people is unparalleled, making a difference everyday for people around you.

8. All of You

Yes, all of the readers of my blog and books. The people that cross through my life in many different ways have an impact on who I am and each of you create ripples of inspiration not only in me but in all of the other people in your life.

9. My Father

Indulge me on this one as I have my natural father, Bill. He created a life for me, gave me lessons in life and inspired me in many different ways. My other Father is the one I look to for the inspiration of my spirit. Each have an impact on our lives and the choices we make.

10. Laura Primm

Where I started with this challenge is where I complete the challenge. Her patience, guidance and love stretch beyond my own capacity. People are just better for being around her. And with that, I get to be a better person.

I want to say thank you to each of you for being a part of my challenge this week. I do hope something was learned, enjoyed and will be carried forward in your own life. There is so much we can accomplish by just doing the little things.

The American clergyman Douglas Horton once said, "Thinking good thoughts is not enough, doing good deeds is not enough, seeing others follow your good examples is enough." Each of the people I have mentioned the last five days have done just that.

Stay inspired my friends.

No comments: