Friday, April 17, 2015

Pressing the Launch Button


"Patience is the ability to count down before you blast off." - Author Unknown

I have always wondered what it would be like having control of the "LAUNCH" button. There it would be, right in front of me as I sat in a spaceship, ready to head out into space. I know that all of this is computer controlled, but wouldn't it be cool to have the big green button to push.

Could I wait long enough?

Ten, nine, eight....hit the button!

Would patience on my part prevail on such an important occasion?

It is in patience that wise decisions and successful accomplishment are rewarded. It seems the excitement in getting on with life breeds most of our impatience. When we start our journey towards a goal or new place in life, it starts with a first step and then many more.

The number of steps we need to take fuels that impatience. We want to jump past steps two through nine hundred ninety-nine and go directly to step one thousand.

But if we skip those steps, we skip the most enthralling piece; the journey. For you see it is in the journey we learn, grow and live. It is in the journey we find our greatness.

So patience with the "LAUNCH" button; lift off will occur soon enough. Have patience with the ride because the journey is going to be great.

Stay inspired my friends!

No comments: