Wednesday, July 20, 2016

A Side Of Life


"When you're chewing on life's gristle. Don't grumble, give a whistle. And this'll help things turn out for the best. And always look on the bright side of life. Always look on the light side of life." - Monty Python's Life of Brian

Each of us have had one of those days. Things just did not go the way you had planned. Heck, some of us have had one of those weeks, months or years.

Unplanned times might even make you question life itself.

I wondered myself a couple of times although the thought of ending it was never a serious thought. But I do know a few people who did think seriously of it. I have also known people who actually carried it out; a sister in fact.

I am not bold enough to know what truly enters a persons mind to make them feel death is a better solution. But I do know much of it comes down to feelings of self worth, of value to anyone else and of ending the pain of whatever they are going through.

Only a couple of times have I been placed in a situation to try and talk someone back from the edge. And since I am not a professional counselor, it was nerve wracking to say the least. Yet in my mind I knew when speaking that "YOU" was important.

"YOU" do make a difference in the lives of others.

"YOU" will get through this and achieve great things.

Is it as simple as a Monty Python song, to always look on the bright side of life? In some ways it could be that simple and yes I have been accused of oversimplifying things in my writing. My response is that many times we do over complicate life.

Can looking "on the bright side" fix all of our problems? No, but it is a start.

What is important is the life of you.

Whatever thing you are going through, the existence of you has meaning. Be strong and push through. Search out the help of others. Put yourself among people who care for you. Remain enthralled by the beauty and wonder of life.

Stay inspired my friends!

No comments: