Friday, July 15, 2016

An Awesome View


Education is the kindling of a flame, not the filling of a vessel.” ― Socrates

This was a whirlwind type of week with an unplanned trip out of the country for four days. A trip so quick that it seems like it may not have even occurred. But it did and I love these types of opportunity in life to meet and engage with new people.

Challenging but always learning.

Each and every time I am asked to engage in the last moment, the impossible, the challenging ... well that is the opportunity I take on because I always learn. These types of challenges force you to focus and dig deep inside to meet the challenge head on.

You might get hurt.

With each of these challenges, there is always risk of failure but there is also risk of complete success. The results are normally somewhere in-between but what is learned should always be the larger thing to come away with. Even from getting hurt we learn.

Meet each challenge with enthusiasm.

Nearly everyday you are going to be faced with a decision. Do I avoid all risk and remain stagnant in my career and in my life? Or do I take on the challenge of risk, hard work and learn something from it. Learn something new that can propel you to greater things?

You can aim for higher things in life and eventually find a view of the surrounding landscape in awe of what you have learned. Those skyscrapers are not simply there for you to always be looking up. They are also there for reaching the top and looking far and wide.

The view is pretty awesome.

Stay inspired my friends.

No comments: