Thursday, September 22, 2016

Let It Go


"You cannot expect to achieve new goals or move beyond your present circumstances unless you change." - Les Brown

A single act that occurs to you can set the tone for your entire day, if you choose to let it. Those seemingly small 'slights' are thrust upon you by another person such as getting cut off in traffic.

This happened to me recently at a two lane right-turn when a person in the righthand turn lane decided to get in a hurry. They moved over into my lane as I was turning and nearly hit me. Now out of all the articles I've written, life happens and you should just let it go. But of course I could not do that for a few minutes.

How could this person do this? What a jerk and all those other thoughts developed in my mind. Physically I could tell it was upsetting me but I identified it and began a series of thought processes to bring me back from that low point.

First identify that is has upset and is effecting you.

Secondly, ask yourself why you are reacting in this manner.

Third, begin to think about how you are going to let it effect the rest of your day.

If you decide to hold onto it and let it fester, the rest of the day is going to be miserable. so let it go and chalk it up to simple human interaction. There was no real harm, so no real foul and you both move on. The problem is if you do not, it will impact how you deal with others during the day and can have disastrous results.

Letting it go will free you to move on and have a productive day.

Stay inspired my friends!


No comments: