Sunday, June 18, 2006

Happy Fathers Day

By the time a man realizes that maybe his father was right, he usually has a son who thinks he's wrong.” - Charles Wadsworth

I learned years ago the knowledge of what my father had been telling me during my formative years. In fact I still learn from him today in bits and pieces about growing older. My own sons show signs of understanding what I have tried to impress upon them. But each of the four have their own personality and talents of which I am so very proud of.

In my middle years I remarried and have four wonderful step daughters as well. Each of them has a greatness and beauty that is a wonder to behold. Having never thought that my life would be touched by daughters, it adds so much to the experience of life.

As a father on this day, it isn't any thing special that I feel I do but try to do the best I can. My best feeling is that I have a father that taught me well and am proud to be his son. And on the other side, I will continue to teach and inspire our sons and daughters. Life will be their greatest teacher but if a bit of tutoring helps, so be it.

So "Happy Fathers Day" Dad, thank you for all you've done for me through out the years. You are my stabilizing force in life and have prepared me for beyond when you do leave. To my children, I will try to be around for many years to come, offering what I can like my own father did.

No comments: