Friday, December 08, 2006

To Light Your Way Home



From the folks at Apple Blossom Art

Coming home, it is a wonderful feeling when one has been on the road. Whether it be a short trip down the road to another city, or a long journey to another country, returning is always a comforting event.

As much as we try to expand our horizons with new experiences and places, we tend to be 'home bodies' at heart. Home is the one place where you will always find those closest to you. The wife or husband, father or mother, child or friend that know you most dearly.

When I travel, the vast majority of people that I run into are friendly, helping and genuinely ready to assist. But the hotels are different from my own house, the food is different from my wife's cooking and the sounds or atmosphere does not have the same familiar feel. Always I come back and can slow down from the hectic pace, to be amongst close family and friends.

In your daily life, many of the stresses you encounter can be absolved simply by coming home. Don't make your home a stressful one, try to make it a comforting one that nourishes and rejuvenates the soul. “The ache for home lives in all of us, the safe place where we can go as we are and not be questioned," was said by Maya Angelou. Build a home that you will always ache for when you are not there.

I myself am coming home and will write again as soon as I am able to. Enjoy your weekend and enjoy your time at home with loved ones.

No comments: