Friday, February 15, 2008

Time For A Mentor - Time For A Friend


So I finally get around to commenting about a person that I hold in my heart as a great mentor. My co-worker retired not long ago, taking his life on a new adventure. His wife Pamela and he will enjoy many years of life without the 'need' for work.

As we go through our own lives, there are people you can look to as those that had great influence upon you. Art was one of those people for me, someone that mentored me and gave me the encouragement to succeed in my career. Not only did he do that, he became a friend to me and helped me through personal issues as well.

There are those people in your life that if you simply look for them, they will be there in front of you. Learn from them and appreciate the gift that they bring into your life. Then take those gifts and pass them along to someone. As one mentor moves on, another one (you) is created to guide others on in life.

Take time to remember and thank those mentors in your life. Take time to remember them as a friend.

No comments: