Tuesday, July 20, 2010

One Day Like This


Just wonderful lyrics from Guy Garvey of the British band Elbow. This particular song is called "One Day Like This" and if you click on the link you can hear the entire song on YouTube.

It is a song that tells me that I have many wonderful things in my life. I have my wonderful wife Laura, beautiful children and grand children. There are my friends and co-workers as well as a decent job. There are many other large and small things that I realize make life so wonderful.

What made me behave that way?
Using words I never say
I can only think it must be love
Oh, anyway, it's looking like a beautiful day

Someone tell me how I feel
It's silly wrong but vivid right
Oh, kiss me like the final meal
Yeah, kiss me like we die tonight

Cause holy cow, I love your eyes
And only now I see the light
Yeah, lying with me half-awake
Oh, anyway, it's looking like a beautiful day


It is truly a love song. It is a love song for living life. All that I have I am thankful for and each of those things in my life make it a beautiful day. The things in your life make it a beautiful day as well. Even the smallest of things make it a great day for you.

So throw those curtains wide!
One day like this a year'd see me right!


Many of us get to have a thousand days like this. And each of us will have at least one of these days. Do not despair and hide in the darkness. Be thankful of the things you have in your life. Love life and "throw those curtains wide" and have a beautiful day.

No comments: