Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Seuss Simple

"Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple.” ~Dr. Seuss

I have been trying to figure out what to write today with very little luck. It probably didn't help that I was very busy with the work that pays the bills in our family. Sometimes the words simply do not come along.

Then something out of the blue happens. I was working on trying to find the answer to a question posed to me. I struggled for a good share of time on it and set it aside for a while. It is in those moments that I will go do something completely different. It tends to take my mind off the issue.

Typically I will research another issue or read part of a book, or even surf the web just throwing out search words. In this particular case I put up the search words "doctor seuss answers" for I figured he always had an answer for most anything. As I read through information on him, the above quote struck me as simple enough.

So I went back to the work problem and started from scratch only looking to the most basic and simple of solutions. To my delight, the solution came fairly quickly. It was also a reasonably simple solution as well.

Was it Dr. Seuss that helped me find the answer or dumb luck? I tend to think it was a matter of looking at it from a different perspective; the easy perspective. We tend to over complicate our lives and over think them. Sometimes the answer is truly simple and it's the question that we made complicated.

Try not to over complicate your life. Sometimes the best way to get past the complicated is by simply choosing not to let it be complicated. By taking the simple path you can get to your destination quicker. If a boulder sits in the way, it might be easier to walk around it rather then trying to roll it out of the way.

No comments: