Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Twitter On A Wire


We speak not only to tell other people what we think, but to tell ourselves what we think. Speech is a part of thought.” ― Oliver Sacks

"hashtag" Good morning, "hashtag" everyone.

I must confess I am an avid user of Twitter. I have been known to Tweet a picture of some spectacular meal or my travel buddy Einstein in some far off distant location. But in spite of my geeky ways, I can still laugh about it.

I can also assure everyone I am normal, have a regular job and I do have real friends, not just Facebook or Twitter friends. Yet the full allure of Twitter is still something I am trying to understand.

What drives me to Tweet?

Maybe just another way to connect with people far and wide. As I was growing up on a small farm in Nebraska, there were not a whole lot of folks you could meet. But my world grew and reaches all corners of the earth.

The biggest thing I can say about Twitter its ability to connect with other people. Not in a creepy stalking way but as an alternative method for communicating.

Connections happen on many different levels.

Whether it be using the telephone, email, chat rooms, instant messaging, SMS texting, blogging, or mini-blogging; all of this is social interaction happening on one level or another. Twitter is simply a form of communication.

We should all enjoy the various abilities technology has given us. From the earliest childhood days of using two tin cans and a long piece of string, we have been looking for new ways to talk with each other.

Keeping the conversation going remains the important thing.

It still remains much better to sit down, face to face, and have a conversation. As long as we keep talking and understanding each other, there will be hope for improving our lives and settling any difference we have. That is the true form of communication.

So enjoy the following Twitter musical and stay inspired my friends.



No comments: