Thursday, October 30, 2008

Oh Happy Day


"Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. God is awake." -Victor Hugo

My wife has such great patience with me as I struggle to come out of my 'man cave'. It is a term that relates to how men will retreat into a quiet area internally to work through things. I have been working through the death of a loved one and it is not as if I'm depressed.

What I have found is that I am struggling at getting back to an ability to 'multi-task' in my daily life. Each of us in our lives have many things going on in our worlds. You juggle each of them in some manner, handling them as best one can. The work of 'living' must go on and we must enjoy the act of 'living'.

So just keep telling yourself that these are happy days for all of us. The problems and issues that arise around us will pass.



We played this song along with images of her life during a tribute to my Mother during a memorial service. I smile every time I hear it and think of her. These are happy days.
_

No comments: