Friday, August 28, 2015

Blog Birthday Hijack


You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.” ― Dr. Seuss

Hi All,

Laura Primm here.

I hacked my husband’s blog today because it is his birthday and wanted to wish him a Happy Birthday. I also wanted to tell everyone a little story about Joe and his Primm's Attitude Blog that you are reading.

Ten years ago, back in August of 2005, my husband and I had been married for a few years and I was still a little broken at the time. Joe was certainly aware and loved me still. I was healing but still healing from life’s many bumps in the road I had experienced (ouch ouch ouch).

Joe would often say back in those days “You are just going to have to trust me” and “Laura, you are over thinking it." Two of my biggest issues were “Trust” and “Self Esteem.” He was patience, always loving and confident.

Loving persuasion you might say.

Over the years I have healed. In the right environment, all of us are continually healing whether physical, mental or spiritually. That is the way God made us. He does not want us to stay broken. He wants us to grow and have the capacity to be in His presence and live there.

He graciously gave me a man whom I needed then and do today as well.

Now about to Joe's blog. He never told me this and he would probably deny it, but I believe Joe created it, this blog we are all reading, just for me. He could never sit down, have a little 'pow-wow' with me and feed me all of the encouraging words he offers consistently day after day and year after year verbally. He would have to become my personal counselor or something.

So I do believe he created this Blog for me.

I read his encouraging articles and hear his encouraging words over and over and over. What a gift. What a special gift. And whether he created this blog just for me (which I like to think he did) or he created it for all. It is meant for all of us who need or want to hear encouragement each day.

Either way….I want to say on your birthday THANK YOU for the gift Joe. I guess I owe you.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY – I LOVE YOU

And as he always says, stay inspired my friends!

No comments: