Friday, September 18, 2015

Free To Connect


I am no bird; and no net ensnares me: I am a free human being with an independent will.” ― Charlotte Brontë

I am back in the United States after a business trip to China. It was a very successful trip and the folks in China are pretty talented. I spent much of my time getting to know some of the new folks and reacquainting myself with those I have known.

The disappointing thing during my trip is that I was unable to blog while there. China has certain sites blocked for a variety of reasons. Those reasons are based upon Chinese government regulations. You can agree or disagree, but it is how things are done in China.

The list of sites currently blocked in China is a pretty interesting list of names. The list includes sites that I use to write my blog, so it pretty much shut me down for the week.

It is not for me to argue with China and how they control access to the internet. What I would like to say is that it feels good to have open and free ability to access the internet. Some may argue too much access given the varied types of searchable content. It also feels good to have an ability to write once again and provide hopefully a spark of motivation or inspiration.

Even without the internet, we are all free in our ability to connect and impact other peoples lives. Enjoy your freedom and turn that freedom into helping someone else.

Stay inspired my friends.

No comments: