Monday, July 25, 2016

French Fries For All


Service is a smile. It is an acknowledging wave, a reaching handshake, a friendly wink, and a warm hug. It's these simple acts that matter most, because the greatest service to a human soul has always been the kindness of recognition.” ― Richelle E. Goodrich

I normally do not remember dreams and am not prone to read much into them. But every once in a while something from it sparks a idea. I find a word or good thought that I can share with others is usually the outcome from remembering a dream.

Like a friendly restaurant.

My dream took me to a non-descriptive restaurant or diner where the food was good. I could have stopped there but everyone seemed very friendly, with a smile and caring conversation. The wait staff and short-order cooks were enjoying atmosphere as well.

There are many places like this one from my dream that each of us have actually encountered. From the earliest days of time up to today, these places exist in one form or another. A place where people are simply friendly to each other.

The french fries were fantastic.

This brings me back to my high school days, sitting in the local diner after a Friday night basketball game. A large basket of warm french fries sitting on the table with friends gathered sharing and laughing with the whole place buzzing with excitement.

A smile for everyone.

We each can share a basket of fries, a smile and a warm greeting for those around us. It could be in the grocery store line, the bus or any place you travel. It only takes you and your ability to smile and offer a friendly gesture.

Have a great day everyone and stay inspired!

No comments: